By the San Diego Convention Center
From the moment you touch down in San Diego, you will be captivated by its natural beauty, endless sunshine, easy-going California vibe, and ideal location on the Pacific Ocean. Whether this year’s event will be
bringing you to San Diego for the first time or the tenth time, the city is constantly evolving and always has more to discover. San Diego offers boutiques and outlets for shoppers, world-class dining options for foodies,
family-friendly attractions for the kids, and over 70
miles of coastline for beach bums. And the 2014 AAPS National Biotechnology Conference (NBC) is right there on the bay and across the street from the San Diego International
With endless excitement-inducing activities at your fingertips, our team at the San Diego Convention Center has some recommendations for how to spend your free time before, during, and after NBC in San Diego.
- Hit the Beach: Take advantage of San Diego’s beautiful beaches. Have your camera ready; you just might see dolphins swim by!
- Explore Downtown: Experience San Diego’s urban neighborhoods—the Gaslamp Quarter and East Village—filled with sidewalk cafes, specialty boutiques, restaurants, nightlife, and more.
- Dine Like a Foodie: From authentic Mexican cuisine to fresh Pacific seafood, San Diego is a top restaurant destination with endless options to satisfy any craving. Check out these discount coupons offered through the San Diego Convention Center.
- Attractions Galore: Visit San Diego’s many attractions. The world-famous San Diego Zoo, Safari Park and SeaWorld San Diego all call the city home.
- Cultural Institutions: The historical Balboa Park has 15 museums set among picturesque gardens and architecture. Or take a short stroll behind the convention center and hop on the USS Midway Museum, honoring 50 years of world history aboard the longest-serving Navy aircraft carrier of the 20th century.
- Take Me Out to the Ballpark: Catch an major league baseball game at Petco Park. The Padres play the Minnesota Twins on Tuesday, May 20, and Wednesday, May 21, and the Chicago Cubs On Thursday, May 22. Behind-the-scenes guided tours of the ballpark are also available seven days a week!
- Walk Along the Waterfront: Check out Seaport Village and the recently opened Headquarters at Seaport District. Sample local foods at their new Farmer’s Markets on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. while taking in the San Diego bay and stunning city views.
- Take a Tour: An Old Town Trolley Tour is a great way to see the city. Want to see the bay? Take a tour on Hornblower Cruises or a brunch cruise on Flagship Cruises to see a unique nautical perspective of San Diego.
- Take a Road Trip: Discover nature’s true beauty as you drive through the hills of North San Diego County, where The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch along the Carlsbad coastline offer the perfect backdrop for a picnic or stroll.
- Discover Sicily: Embark on a journey to the Old Country during Little Italy’s Sicilian Festival on May 18.
For more information on how to make the most out of your time in San Diego, download or order the San Diego Attendee Guide. Inside you will find over 100 things to do between meetings, including where to dine, shop, relax, and play.